London Street Photography Workshops
My street photography workshops cater to photographers of all levels. They are not scripted and there is no pre-set agenda, instead, they are tailored to your level of experience, interests and goals. They are more like a friendly exchange of ideas than a class. I am a firm believer in learning-by-making (learning should be relevant and practical, not just passive and theoretical) so we will spend the entire time on the street, taking photos, reviewing them and exchanging ideas.
Some of the topics we can cover include:
• street photography techniques
• styles of street photography
• how to overcome fear of photographing people
• training your eyes to see
• optimal camera settings
• abstract techniques like multiple-exposure or intentional camera movement
We meet at the designated meeting point (please be on time) where we'll briefly get to know each other, then head out onto the streets and explore the neighbourhood. After the workshop we'll find a cafe where we can enjoy a cup of tea or coffee, review and discuss the day's photos.
Preparing for your workshop:
• check the weather forecast and dress appropriately (workshops run rain or shine with the exception of extreme weather)
• wear comfortable shoes
• ensure your camera battery is fully charged (bring extra batteries if you have them)
• bring empty memory cards (format them prior to use in the camera you are using)
• you should know the basics of operating your camera (any digital camera including mobile phones is ideal)
Scheduled Group Workshops
The next scheduled group workshops are to be held on Thursday December 21 and Saturday December 23, 2017
Private Group & 1-2-1 Workshops
Aside from the scheduled group workshops, I also offer private group and 1-2-1 workshops. Private group workshops cost £50 per person (2–4 people) for a 4 hour workshop and 1-2-1 workshops cost £100 for a 4 hour workshop. Longer workshops are also available. Please get in touch to discuss availability.
If you cancel more than 7 days prior to the workshop you will receive a full refund. Cancellations 7 days or less prior to the workshop are not eligible for a refund. If for some reason the workshop needs to be cancelled by me (in the event of extreme weather, for example) you will receive a full refund.